Sana Amanat is a Pakistani-American comic book writer, editor and producer. She worked at Virgin Comics and Marvel Comics and she recreated Marvel Comics’ Ms. Marvel character as Kamala Khan. He also produced the TV adaptation of Ms. Marvel in the Ms. Marvel TV series.
Sana Amanat was born on Tuesday, June 22, 1982 (age 40 years; as in 2023) in Montville, New Jersey, United States. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He attended Montville Township School, Montville, New Jersey. He has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Barnard College of Columbia University, which he completed in 2004. She was very fond of books during her childhood and read many books containing fantasy stories. She grew up in an area where the population was majority ethnic, and she felt like an outsider because of her culture. He started reading comics after watching his brother read comics and he started watching many superhero movies like X-Men, Spiderman and Superman.
Height (Approx): 4′ 11″
Weight (Approx): 55 kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye colour: black
He was born in a Pakistani immigrant family.
parents and siblings
His father’s name was Sharif Amanat and mother’s name was Hamida Amanat. His father was a pharmacologist. His mother writes short poems. He has 3 brothers including Umar Amanat, a businessman and producer and Irfan Amanat, a financial advisor.
wife and children
he’s married; However, there are no details available about her husband and children.
She follows Islam.
After graduating in 2004, he began working at a magazine publishing firm; However, she had a friend who knew Gotham Chopra, son of Deepak Chopra and owner of Virgin Comics, and with the help of her friend, she got a job at Virgin Comics. During his work at Virgin Comics he learned graphic storytelling; However, the company went out of business after 2 years and he began looking for work in the comic business again. In 2009, she was approached by a Marvel Comics executive who was impressed by her work and she joined Marvel Comics as an executive in 2009. She also worked as a storyteller and came up with the rebranding of the Marvel character Ms. Marvel. As Kamala Khan in 2014. She wrote this character based on her life as a Muslim girl in America. The comic Ms. Marvel Volume 1: No Normal became a best-selling graphic novel in October 2014 and won the Hugo Award for Best Graphic Story in 2015. In February 2015, she became director of content and character development at Marvel Comics. She is the editor of Captain Marvel and Hawkeye. She became co-executive producer in 2018 and worked on the animated television film Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors in 2018 and the unscripted documentary series Marvel’s Heroes Project in 2019. In 2019, she joined Marvel Studios as a production and development executive, and in 2022, she began working on the production of Ms. Marvel, a TV adaptation of the comic Ms. Marvel, starring Ms. Marvel a.k.a. Iman Vellani plays the lead role of Kamala Khan.
- She was listed among Marie Claire’s 2016 New Guard of America’s Most Influential Women.
- She used to observe the universe through her brother’s telescope in her childhood and found the view of the universe mesmerizing.
- Before entering the magazine business she wanted to be a journalist.
- He likes to eat pizza and bagels.
- She always checks her email as soon as she wakes up in the morning.
- She considers herself a terrible planner.
- She is the host of the annual Women of Marvel panel at Comic-Con and has also been the co-host of the Women of Marvel podcast since 2014.
- He was inducted into the Montville Township High School (MTHS) Hall of Fame Class of 2017.
- She made a cameo in the third episode of Ms. Marvel.
- She considers Mackenzie Cadenhead as her mentor.
- Former US President Barack Obama called Sana a real life superhero.