Vineet is an Indian playback singer, actor, filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, lyricist, creative director and dubbing artist. He mainly works in Malayalam film industry. He is best known as the son of South Indian actor and screenwriter Sreenivasan.
Vineeth Srinivasan was born on Tuesday, 1 October 1984 (age 39 years; as in 2023) in Koothuparamba, Kerala. His zodiac sign is Libra.
She did her schooling from Rani Jai Higher Secondary School in Nirmalagiri, Kerala. Later, Vineeth Srinivasan went to KCG College of Technology in Chennai, Tamil Nadu to pursue a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
Height (Approx): 5′ 4″
Weight (Approx): 75 kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye colour: black
parents and siblings
His father Srinivasan is an Indian actor, filmmaker and producer. His mother’s name is Vimala Srinivasan. His younger brother, Dhyan Srinivasan, is an Indian actor and film producer.
wife and children
On 18 October 2012, Vineeth Srinivasan married Divya Narayanan. The couple has a son named Vihaan Divya Vineet and a daughter named Shanaya Divya Vineet.
Vineeth Srinivasan was in a relationship with Divya Narayanan for eight years. They were dating each other from 30 March 2004 to 18 October 2012. Vineet was his senior at KCG College of Technology, Chennai.
His uncle M. Mohanan is an Indian film producer.
In 2008, Vineeth Sreenivasan made his acting debut as Roy in the Malayalam film ‘Cycle’.
In 2009, he appeared in the film ‘Makante Achan’. In 2014, he was cast for the role of Shyam in the film ‘Padmashree Bharat Dr. Saroj Kumar’. In 2015, he appeared in the role of Kunjiraman in the film ‘Kunjiramayanam’. He then appeared in several Malayalam films such as ‘Oru Muthassi Gada’ (2016), ‘Ana Alaralodaral’ (2017), ‘Naam’ (2018), Kunjeldho (2021), and ‘2018’ (2023).
In 2010, Vineeth Srinivasan directed the film ‘Malarvadi Arts Club’. He then directed and wrote the screenplay for the film Thattathin Marayathu in 2012. He then directed several Malayalam films such as Thira (2013), Jacobinte Swargarajyam (2016), Hridayam (2022), and Varshangalakku Sesham (2024).
In 2016, Vineeth Srinivasan produced the film Anandam and in 2019 he produced the film Helen.
Vineeth Srinivasan worked as a dubbing artist in the 2006 film ‘Note Book’ and lent his voice to Skanda Ashok. In 2008, he lent his voice to the character of Skanda Ashoka in the film ‘Positive’. After this he worked as a dubbing artist in the film ‘Electra’ and lent his voice to Skanda Ashok. In 2010, he lent his voice to Geevarghese Ippen in the film ‘Malarvadi Arts Club’.
In 2002, the song “Kasavinte Thattamittu” from the film “Kilichudan Mampazham” featured supporting vocals by Sujatha Mohan and Vineeth Srinivasan. In 2004, she lent her voice to the song ‘Karale Karalinte’ in the film ‘Udayananu Tharam’ along with co-singer Rimi Tomy. After this he sang many songs, like Mama Nee Mongthaya from the 2006 film Rasikan, Mambullikavil from the 2007 film Katha Parayumbol, Orma Thirivil from the 2009 film Passenger, Doore Doore from the 2014 film Ormayundo Ee Mukham, Pon Tharamey from the 2019 film Katha Parayumbol. The film Helen, Parayathe Vennen from the 2022 film Bro Daddy, and He Nin Panchiri from the 2023 film Tholvi FC
He has been launching multiple music albums every year since 2007. These music albums include Coffee @ MG Road (2008), Violet (2008), La Cochin (2009), Ambe (2013), Pallathi (2018), and Adipoly – Tamil Independent. Single (2021).
- AMMA Best Male Singer Award for the songs ‘Mampulikkavil’ and ‘Jillu Jillu’.
- Man of the Year award and Popular Movie award for the film Thattathin Marayathu at the Asiavision Awards.
- Socially Committed Movie Award for the film Thira at the Asiavision Awards.
- Best Male Playback Singer Award for the film Om Shanti Oshana at Vanitha Film Awards
- Award for Best Male Playback Singer (Malayalam) for the film Om Shanti Oshana at the South Indian International Movie Awards.
- Best Star Pair (shared with Namitha Pramod) for the film Ormayundo Ee Mukham at Vanitha Film Awards.
- Best Playback Singer Award for the film Premam at Asiavision Awards.
- All-Rounder of the Year award at the Asianet Comedy Awards for various films.
- Youth Icon of the Year award at Asianet Film Awards for various films.
- Popular Singer Award for the film Velipadinte Pustakam at the Asiavision Awards.
- Best Male Playback Singer (Malayalam) for the film Cappuccino at the South Indian International Movie Awards.
- Best Supporting Actor (Male) Award at the Kerala Film Critics Association Awards for the film Thanneer Mathan Dinangal
- Award for Best Star Pair (shared with Nikhila Vimal) for the film Aravindante Athidhikal at the Vanitha Film Awards.
- Vineeth Srinivasan likes to travel to far-flung places in his leisure time.
- Once while talking to the media, he had told that he avoids working in Tamil cinema to enjoy the freedom. Vineet Srinivasan said,
In Chennai, I live in a place where no one recognizes me. So, I don’t miss normal life. I got offers to act in Tamil films. If I become successful in Tamil films, I will have a different image. Besides, I will also lose my freedom.”
- He is a compassionate animal lover. He often shares pictures of his pet on social media.