Karuna Pandey is an Indian actress, theater artist and dancer, best known for her roles in television shows such as “Pushpa Impossible” (2022) and “Devanshi” (2016), as well as the 2015 film “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”. Is.
Karuna Pandey was born on Thursday, 4 September 1980 (age 43 years; as in 2023) in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Due to his father’s military service, he attended Kendriya Vidyalaya schools in many places across India, including Ambala, Shillong, Chennai, Agra, Udhampur and Lucknow. Later, Karuna Pandey went to the Department of Indian Theater at Panjab University, Chandigarh to pursue a master’s degree in Performing Arts.
Height (Approx): 5′ 5″
Weight (Approx): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye colour: black
parents and siblings
His father, PC Pandey, was a command officer in the military formations. He died in 2005. His mother Deepa Pandey was a housewife.
Karuna Pandey has a sister named Bhavana Sharma who is an Indian businesswoman. She runs the company ARTIUS in Gurgaon.
On 20 February 2014, Karuna Pandey married Indian actor and film producer Rutvij Vaidya.
She was in a relationship with Rutvij Vaidya before marrying him in 2014.
Karuna Pandey started her acting career in 2003 with a small role in the Bollywood film ‘The Bypass’ starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Irrfan Khan and Sundar Daan Detha.
In 2015, Karuna Pandey appeared in the role of Maharani Bhagwanti Singh in the Bollywood film ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’. In 2019, she appeared in the role of Prabha Aunty in the film ‘Motichoor Chaknachoor’ (2019).
She became famous in 2009 after playing the role of Shaili Vimal Prasad in the popular TV show ‘Yahan Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli’. She then played lead roles in other popular TV shows like ‘Woh Rehen Waali Mahalon Ki’ (2005), ‘ Shraddha’ (2009), and ‘Jhilmil Sitareon Ka Aangan Hoga’ (2013) on Sahara One.
She then appeared in various TV shows like ‘Khauff Begins… Ringa Ringa Roses’ (2013) and ‘Devanshi’ (2016).
Karuna Pandey gained recognition in 2022 with her role in the TV series ‘Pushpa Impossible’ on Sony SAB and SonyLIV.
In 2023, she was one of the participants in the reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ on Sony Entertainment Television.
- In 2017, Karuna Pandey won the Best Villain award at the Colors Golden Petal Awards for the television serial Devanshi on Colors TV.
- In 2023, she received the Best Actress Award at the Indian Telly Awards and Editorial Choice Awards for the television serial Pushpa Impossible on Colors TV.
- Films: Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015), Zindagi (1964)
- She follows a vegetarian diet.
- Karuna Pandey is an actress as well as a skilled writer. According to her, she writes poetry and poems regularly. In 2016, on the eve of Women’s Day, she dedicated a unique handwritten poem to all the female co-stars of the TV serial ‘Bhaage Re Mana’.
- She had shared in a media interview in 2022 that she loves cooking at home and had also mentioned some of her favorite recipes. Karuna Pandey said,
I eat only vegetarian food. I prefer soup to salad. I don’t really hate any vegetables, but I’m not a fan of long and flat beans. The most attractive dish for me would be Rajma Rice. My family loves my Kadhi Rice and Paneer Butter Masala. Maggi is definitely my favorite midnight snack.”
- In her spare time, she enjoys dancing, choreography, listening to music, writing songs, filmmaking, swimming, traveling to far-flung places, and cycling.
- Animal lover Karuna Pandey has pets named Romeo, Barbie, Maui and Katti and considers herself an animal activist. He expressed his affection towards animals in a media interview. He said,
“I have two cats and a dog as children. All three have been adopted because I personally discourage breeding. My husband is also an animal lover like me. My husband and I are both happy with our animal babies and do not intend to have ‘human’ babies.
- In an interview he revealed his passion for dancing. He told that he is a trained Kathak and Bharatanatyam dancer. He said,
I was always interested in dance – I’m a trained Kathak and Bharatnatyam dancer, so dance is within me, and for some reason acting came naturally to me.