Fardeen Khan is an Indian actor, who mainly works in Hindi films. He is the son of the veteran Indian actor, director, and film producer Feroz Khan.
- 1 Wiki/Biography
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Physical Transformation
- 4 Family
- 5 Relationships/Affairs
- 6 Autograph
- 7 Career
- 8 Controversy
- 9 Awards
- 10 Car Collection
- 11 Favourites
- 12 Facts/Trivia
Fardeen Feroze Khan was born on Friday, 8 March 1974 (age 49 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
He attended Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai for his schooling. He graduated in business management from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in Amherst, Massachusetts, US. He later completed an acting course at the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai.
- Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
- Hair Colour: Black
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
In 2016, Fardeen Khan made a public appearance at an event where he was seen to have gained weight. This resulted in online trolling and negative comments about his weight. However, by 2020, Fardeen underwent a remarkable transformation and lost around 18kg.
Fardeen belongs to a Muslim Pathan family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Feroze Khan, was an actor, film director, and producer. His mother’s name is Sundari Khan. He also has a sister named Laila Furniturewala. His half-sister, Sonia Sethia (from his mother), died in a road accident in 2012.
Wife & Children
On 14 December 2005, he married Natasha Madhvani, the daughter of the veteran Indian actress Mumtaz. They were childhood friends. After dating for a few years, Fardeen proposed to her during one of their flights. In 2005, they were married at Aamby Valley township near Pune. The couple has a daughter named Diani Isabella Khan, born in December 2013, and a son named Azarius Fardeen Khan, born on 11 August 2017. In July 2023, it was reported that they were getting a mutual divorce after living separately for over a year.
He is the nephew of Bollywood actors Sanjay Khan and Akbar Khan. On his father’s side, he is the cousin of Zayed Khan (actor), Sussanne Khan (Hrithik Roshan’s ex-wife), and Farah Khan Ali (jewelry designer). Fardeen’s cousins are Zayed Khan, Sussanne Khan, and Farah Khan Ali.
There were once rumours that he was in a relationship with the Indian actor and producer Pooja Bhatt.
In 2003, he was in a relationship with a model and socialite Ruheen Jaiswal.
He was once rumored to be in a relationship with the Indian actress Kareena Kapoor. However, when Fardeen was asked about it, he said, “Kareena and I, we never had an affair, but I find her absolutely stunning. She has a cute, almost perfect heart-shaped butt.”
In 1998, Fardeen made his acting debut with the Hindi film ‘Prem Aggan’ in which he played the role of Suraj Singh.
He has appeared in various Hindi films like ‘Khushi’ (2003), ‘Janasheen’ (2003), ‘Dev’ (2004), ‘No Entry’ (2005), ‘Heyy Babyy’ (2007), and ‘All the Best: Fun Begins’ (2009). However, only a few of his films have performed well at the box office.
In 2010, after the release of his Hindi film ‘Dulha Mil Gaya,’ he took a break from Hindi films.
In 2023, he was roped in the Hindi film ‘Visfot’ and Netflix series ‘Heeramandi.’
He has walked the ramp in various fashion shows.
He has also been featured in various TV commercials like Pepsi.
On 24 July 1998, he started the film production company F. K. Films Private Limited.
Arrested by Narcotics Control Bureau
In May 2001, Fardeen Khan was arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) for attempting to purchase one gram of cocaine in Juhu, Mumbai. The NCB claimed that nine grams of cocaine were found in the possession of an alleged drug dealer named Nasir Abdul Karim, who was also arrested in connection with the case. Fardeen maintained that he was never in possession of the drug and had only tried to purchase one gram. In January 2008, a special NDPS court charged Fardeen only with attempting to purchase one gram of cocaine. This charge was significant as it allowed him to seek relief under Section 64 (a) of the NDPS Act, which permits individuals charged with minor drug offences to undergo a rehabilitation program at a government centre instead of facing punishment.
The case continued, and on 2 November 2001, the court scheduled further pre-trial steps where the prosecution was to present a list of witnesses and original documents for the upcoming trial. Fardeen’s lawyer, Ayaz Khan, stated in court that he had no objection to the framing of charges for attempting to purchase one gram of cocaine. The quantity fell within the limit considered legal for personal consumption and was not a commercial quantity. He also clarified that Fardeen’s defense was never based on falsehoods and that the actor’s father, late actor Feroz Khan, was against any false defense strategy. The court reaffirmed that once the charge of attempting to purchase one gram was framed, Fardeen could seek relief under Section 64 (a) of the NDPS Act, which would allow him to undergo a de-addiction program at a government centre.
Later, Fardeen’s drug possession charge was dropped in 2012, and he was granted immunity in the case after completing a de-addiction program at KEM Hospital. However, he was warned that the immunity would be withdrawn if he was found in possession of drugs in the future. The legal provision under Section 64A of the NDPS Act allows individuals charged with drug-related offenses to seek treatment for drug dependence at a government-recognized institution.
Fardeen Khan expressed relief and faith in the judiciary, emphasizing that he had only been charged with attempting to purchase one gram of cocaine based on the facts and evidence in the case. Overall, the legal proceedings led to the framing of charges for attempting to purchase one gram of cocaine, allowing Fardeen to seek relief through a de-addiction program and ultimately obtaining immunity from further punishment.
- 1999: Won Filmfare Award for Best Debut Actor for the film Prem Aggan
- 1999: Nominated for Zee Cine Award for Best Debut Actor for the film Prem Aggan
- 1999: Won Bollywood Movie Award for Best Debutant-Male for the film Prem Aggan
- 2002: Nominated for Screen Award for Jodi No. 1 for the film Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya
- 2002: Nominated for Bollywood Movie Award for Best Sensational Role – Male for the film Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya
- 2002: Nominated for HT Café Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film Fida
- 2005: Nominated for Reader’s Choice for Best Supporting Actor for the film Fida
- 2006: Nominated for Popular Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for the film No Entry
- Film(s): The Godfather (1972), Sholay (1975), Deewaar (1975), Qurbani (1980), The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- Food: Cheese Pizza, Mushrooms
- Books: Notes to Myself by Hugh Prather, The Godfather by Mario Puzo, The Art of War by Tsun
- Colour(s): Black, Red, White
- Travel Destination: London
- He is also known by the names FK Junior and Fardeen F Khan.
- Fardeen Khan follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol at parties and events. He also smokes cigarettes.
- Fardeen Khan is a fan of WWE wrestling and often watches WWE matches on TV.
- He is an avid animal lover and owns a few pet dogs named Samson, Puggy, and Pedro.
- He has been featured on the cover of various magazines like Cine Blitz, Stardust, and Filmfare.
- In 2023, Fardeen Khan opened up about the challenging phase he went through after the passing of his father, Feroz Khan, in 2009 due to lung cancer. During that time, he faced his own health scare, and he and his wife, Natasha Madhwani, went through a difficult process of IVF (In vitro fertilisation) to conceive. Fardeen revealed that the couple had even lost twins due to pregnancy complications during one of Natasha’s initial pregnancies. This heartbreaking experience took a toll on them, and it was a tough time for both of them. The process of IVF was particularly hard on Natasha’s body and health, and they faced difficulties with doctors in Mumbai. In 2011, they decided to move to London and found a compassionate and supportive doctor. Eventually, they were blessed with a daughter in 2013, which brought immense joy and happiness into their lives. The difficult journey they had gone through made them cherish life and parenthood even more deeply. Following these challenging experiences, Fardeen made a conscious decision to prioritize fatherhood over his movie career, understanding the value of family and the preciousness of life.
- In a 2023 interview, he revealed that he did not believe he deserved an award for his debut film. He also mentioned that he had experienced a challenging period in his career. He spent an entire year at home without any work. Furthermore, the films he had previously signed were cancelled, and he had to return the money he had received as an advance. During this difficult phase, his father, Feroz Khan, came to his aid. Feroz offered to provide him with a place to live and food for a year, giving him a monthly allowance of ₹50,000. However, Feroz made it clear that Fardeen needed to find his own path from there. During that time, Fardeen also purchased a car, and the monthly EMI for the vehicle amounted to Rs 22,000, leaving him with very little savings and making it difficult for him to even afford gas for the car.