Chandan Kumar Singh is an Indian lawn bowls player and teacher. He has participated in the Asian Games twice and the Commonwealth Games thrice till 2022. In August 2022, he came into limelight when he along with his teammates created history by winning the silver medal in the final of the lawn bowls match. In the Commonwealth Games held in Birmingham, England.
Chandan Kumar Singh was born on Wednesday, 5 June 1985 (age 37 years; as in 2022) in Haveli Kharagpur, Bihar. His zodiac sign is Gemini. She completed her schooling from Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandi, Ranchi. Soon after completing his schooling, he joined Rajiv Gandhi College, Bhopal to pursue his bachelor’s degree. Later, he enrolled at Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Ranchi, India for a master’s degree in physical education.
Height (Approx): 5′ 10″
Weight (Approx): 61 kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye colour: black
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Krishna Mohan Singh and he is a retired police officer.
His mother’s name is Subhadra Singh and she is a housewife.
He has two brothers named Gulshan Kumar Singh (an army officer) and Rohit Singh.
He has a sister named Richa Singh.
he is not married.
Soon after completing his college studies, Chandan Kumar Singh started working as a physical education teacher in a middle school in Samdana Hathiya. In 2008, he competed for the Jharkhand team in lawn bowls and won a bronze medal in the national championship held in Ranchi. In 2016, Chandan Kumar Singh participated in the Asian Lawn Bowls Championship in the fours event and won the gold medal. The following year, he again participated in the same championships and won another gold medal in the triples event. In 2014 and 2018 he participated in the Commonwealth Games. In 2022, Chandan Kumar Singh and his four teammates Sunil Bahadur, Navneet Singh and Dinesh Kumar won a silver medal in the fours event at the Commonwealth Games held in Birmingham. He also competed in the men’s triples event during the same championships.
- 2022: Silver medal in four in Birmingham
Asian Lawn Bowls Championship
- 2016: Gold medal in four in Brunei
- 2017: Gold medal in triples in New Delhi
- According to his family members, late Arjun Prasad Singh was his grandfather and was an Indian Army officer. His grandfather was a member of the Dhavadal Party. In a media interview, his family members said that on 15 February 1932, his grandfather had hoisted the tricolor at Tarapur police station and was honored by the local government for his contribution to the society.
- Chandan Kumar Singh is a sports lover since childhood. In a media interaction, Chandan Kumar’s father revealed that during his school and college days, Chandan actively participated in various Kabaddi and cricket competitions. However, after completing college he took interest in lawn bowls.
- Chandan Kumar Singh regularly shares pictures and videos on various social media platforms. More than 1 thousand people follow his Facebook page. He has a YouTube channel named ‘Athlete Chandan Vlogs’. His YouTube bio states that he created his YouTube channel as a motivator to encourage other athletes in their tough situations. In his bio, he has described himself as an athlete who is never afraid of defeat. He further wrote that his channel does not encourage any entertainment content. It connected the Indian society with its civilization and culture and showed the beauty of life.
- Chandan Kumar Singh is part of the Bowling Federation of India, where he takes regular training sessions in lawn bowls.