Bruna Abdullah aka Bruna Abdallah is a Brazilian actress and model, who works in Bollywood. She rose to fame with the song “Subah Hone Na De” opposite Akshay Kumar in Desi Boyz (2011).
Bruna Abdullah was born on Friday, 24 October 1986 (age 33 years; as in 2019) in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. After completing her schooling, Bruna started to work in a bank in Brazil. When she was 16 years old, she participated in a local beauty contest and emerged as the winner. She was awarded a computer and a cash prize. At that time, computers meant elite. After winning the contest, she was invited by the judges of the contest to join their agency. However, Bruna refused their offer as she was working in a bank, and also wanted to pursue her further studies. Subsequently, she did a TV commercial in Brazil and earned $1,000 from it. Thereafter, she completed her graduation and moved to India as a tourist. While she was exploring the country, she came in contact with a modelling agency, who offered her to feature in a song.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9 ”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Hazel
Family, Caste & Husband
Bruna Abdullah belongs to a Muslim Family. She was born to a father of Lebanese descent and a mother of Italian-Portuguese ancestry. She has an elder sister, Lú Abdalah.
Bruna was in a relationship with Omar Farooque, a businessman. The couple parted ways after participating in the dance reality show, Nach Baliye 6.
Bruna exchanged the rings with her Scottish boyfriend Allan Fraser on 25 July 2018. The couple tied the knot in May 2019 in Phuket, Thailand. They have a daughter, Isabella.
Abdullah started her career with a video with Shekhar Suman in his debut album “Mere Gham Ke Dayare Mein.” Next, she featured in the item song ‘Reham Kare’ from the Bollywood film “Cash.”
In 2010, she played the role of ‘Giselle’ in the romantic comedy “I Hate Luv Storys.” Bruna came into the spotlight after performing an item number ‘Subha Hone Na De’ opposite Akshay Kumar and John Abraham in the Bollywood film “Desi Boyz.”
Subsequently, she appeared in Bollywood films like “Grand Masti,” “Jai Ho,” “Mastizaade,” “Yea Toh Two Much Ho Gayaa” and “Udanchhoo.”
She made her Tamil debut in the year 2012 with the film “Billa II.” She won the Kalakar Award for “Best International Youth Icon” for the film.
She was seen in the TV commercial of Reebok with MS Dhoni and in the TV commercial of IndusInd Bank with Ranvir Shorey.
Bruna has also participated in many reality shows like “Dancing Queen,” “Khatron Ke Khiladi,” and “Nach Baliye 6.” She has even worked as a VJ for Channel V.
Bruna has walked the ramp for various fashion designers including Ashok Manney, Robert Naorem, and Nitya Bajaj.
Bruna has even featured on the covers of magazines like “FHM,” “Cosmopolitan,” and “Estetica India.” She has endorsed the clothing brand, Vero Moda.
- Bruna faced a wardrobe malfunction while shooting for a swimming pool sequence for the film “Robin Hood Ke Pote” (2016).
- In 2018, Bruna did a photoshoot where she posed topless and the pictures from her bold photoshoot went viral on the internet.
- Food: Lasagna, Mushroom Burrito
- Beverage: Espresso Martini
- Cricketer: Yuvraj Singh
- Her hobbies include cycling, travelling, and doing adventure sports.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- Bruna follows a vegan diet.
- She is a follower of the teachings of the spiritual leader, Osho.
- Abdullah loves animals and also supports PETA.
- Bruna is Katsaridaphobic i.e. she has a fear of cockroaches.
- She is a huge fan of the Brazilian model, Gisele Bundchen.
- She owns the girls’ football team, Victorious Secret.
- Bruna is very particular about her fitness and visits the gym regularly.
- Bruna has got two tattoos inked; one on her right shoulder and another on her left arm. The tattoo on her left arm has a Turtle Symbol with ‘a writing in the Thai language,’ which means “flying in the water.”
- In September 2019, she lent her support to the health awareness campaign “#MissingI,” which raises discussions on iodine deficiency and its causes. While promoting the campaign she said that she was not Iodine deficient and hence was breastfeeding her daughter well.
- After the birth of her daughter, Bruna shared her water birth story through her Instagram handle. While sharing a picture with her husband and daughter, she wrote,
Even before I was pregnant, I knew I would have a water birth! I wanted the birth of my baby to be as gentle as possible and without any drugs. I had my baby in a warm water pool, my husband (Allan Fraser), my mother, my doctor and my doula were there with me (sic).”
View this post on Instagram
My Birth Story 🤱🏻💕 Even before I was pregnant I knew I would have a water birth! I wanted the birth of my baby to be as gentle as possible and without any drugs, I hated the idea of having to deal with the side effects of all the medication they would give me at the hospital. I imagined a calm and soothing environment, where I could wait for my baby to arrive, surrounded only by the people that made me feel good and excited about that moment. I was lucky enough to have had all that! I had my baby in a warm water pool, my husband, my mother, my doctor and my doula were there with me. I prepared myself for that day, I worked out regularly, I ate a very well balanced diet, I meditated and visualised every single detail. I wanted to deliver my baby on a Saturday, I wanted the labour to be no longer than 4 hours, I wanted to deliver my baby in the pool, and I wanted to do it drug free! I got all of that! I also asked for it to be pain free 😁 but that wasn’t really what happened!! Saying that, I feel like a super hero, kind of invincible, now I feel like I can do anything .. it was important to me to be fully in control, awake, for the arrival of my baby. I wanted nature to do its job! It was magical, I had to idea I was so strong, I felt everything with so much intensity, her descent, the contractions.. that as soon as it was over, the only thing I could feel was love and pure happiness! The pain vanished, I recovered in minutes, and I was able to enjoy her from the very first minute! She was awake and alert! Calm and beautiful! She is my everything, thank you @alfromscotland for giving me the best gift one could ever ask for. ❤️ #forisabellatoread #waterbirth #hypnobirthing #womenpower