Salt Bay is a Türkiye butcher, cook and food entertainer. He is the owner of the Abu Dhabi-based restaurant Nussar-Et Steakhouse. In January 2017, he rose to fame after a video of him preparing and seasoning a steak went viral and became an iconic meme.
Nusrat Gokce aka Salt Bey was born on Tuesday, 9 August 1983 (age 39 years; as in 2022) in Pasali, Turkey. His zodiac sign is Leo. He studied till his 5th grade from Darika Faik Sahenk Secondary School. Due to the inadequate financial condition of their home, Nusrat’s parents forced her to leave school. In an Instagram post he revealed that he had only gone to school for five years. At the age of 2, he moved from Erzurum to Darika with his family.
Height (Approx): 5′ 6″
Weight (Approx): 70 kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye colour: black
Body Measurements (Approx): Chest: 40 inches, Waist: 28 inches, Biceps: 14 inches
He is from a Kurdish family.
parents and siblings
His father, Faik Gokce, is a miner and is married to Fatma Gokce.
Nusrat has three brothers named Ozgur Gokce, Erman Gokce and Ugur Gokce, who are Turkish chefs and restaurateurs. He also has a sister.
He is unmarried.
After leaving school, he worked as a butcher’s apprentice in the Kadıköy district of Istanbul. After several years of odd jobs, Nusrat developed as a chef, bringing with him the experience he gained in several countries, including Argentina and the United States, between 2007 and 2010. In between those years, he worked for free in restaurants just to gain experience. Besides being a butcher’s apprentice, he also washed utensils. In an interview he had revealed that he used to work 18 hours a day.
In 2010, he returned to Turkey and established his own restaurant, Nussar-Et, which is now a chain of luxury steak houses in several countries, including Turkey, Greece, the United States, the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Turkey. Saudi Arab. When Nusrat posted several videos of food preparation and presentation on her social media platforms including Instagram and YouTube, her audience online went crazy.
- He was only 23 years old when he established his own restaurant Nussar-Et in Istanbul. The restaurant’s prefix reflects its real name ‘Nusrat’ and the suffix ‘et’ meaning meat in the Turkish language.
- Nusrat took financial assistance from Turkish businessman Ferit Sahanek to set up her restaurant, who later helped her open several chains of ‘Nusrat-Et’ in several cities, including Ankara, Dubai and Doha.
- In 2014, the Nusrat-Et brand was awarded the Star Diamond Award by the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
- When Nusrat visited butchers and restaurants in Argentina, he did not have enough pocket money and withdrew 7000 Turkish Liras (1 TL = 4.38 INR) from his credit card, only to learn how the meat mincing business worked. Does.
- In an interview, he revealed that he got the three-month American visa amidst a lot of difficulties.
- When Nusrat was working in one of New York’s finest restaurants, his menu was published in the New York Times.
- On 28 December 2022, a TikTok user posted a video in which he criticized the Salt Bay restaurant in Qatar and accused it of being ‘disrespectful’. In the video, the chef wore Air Pods and cooked steak tableside in his signature style. The customer, who had paid £500 for the meal, was left displeased when he discovered that Salt Bay was on call, talking to someone while he was offering them food, and he charged the restaurant with 10 Gave 1.7 rating from.
- On 21 December 2022, while Argentina players were celebrating their victory against France in the FIFA World Cup 2022 Final in Doha, Salt Bay was banned from the 2023 US Open Cup Final after he performed a quick Lionel Messi was approached for the snap. US Open Cup tweeted on Twitter and wrote,
Salt Bay is banned from the 2023 @OpenCup Finals.
that’s a dive pic.twitter.com/O8QxDXUyBx
– Mark. UTFR🍻🇾🇪 (@Mark1975s) 21 December 2022
- Salt Bay violated FIFA World Cup 2022 rules and posed for a photo with other Argentina players while holding the trophy.
- In September 2018, Tinus Trznikova, a Czech internet personality, became the victim of a failed fire show at Nussar-Et steakhouse in Istanbul, resulting in burns covering 35% of the total body surface; Four other guests suffered minor burns.
- Nusrat is a fitness enthusiast and often shares her fitness routine on social media.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet and likes to smoke a cigar occasionally. In an interview, while talking about his daily workouts, he revealed that he likes boxing and body-weight work and said,
It gives me the definition and core strength I want. Lots of jumping rope, ropes, anything, not only to stimulate the muscles but to keep me agile. I have to work faster in the kitchen.”