Rekha Gupta is an Indian politician who was nominated by the BJP as its mayoral candidate in New Delhi in December 2022, but she lost to AAP’s Shelly Oberoi.
Rekha Gupta was born on Friday, 19 July 1974 (age 48 years; as in 2022) in Julana, Haryana. His zodiac sign is Cancer. She did her schooling at Manendra Shakti Vidyalaya, Keshavpuram till class 10th and later joined Government Girls Senior Secondary School, Ashok Vihar. He earned a bachelor’s degree in commerce from Daulat Ram College, Delhi, an LLB from Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut, a master’s degree in arts from Delhi University and a master’s degree in business administration. According to her, when she was in school and college, she was a really bright student and was good at extra-curricular activities. Rekha started her political career when she was in college. During her graduation in 1992, she joined the student organization Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP). In 1994 she became the Secretary of Daulat Ram College, Delhi. In 1995, he worked as the Secretary of Delhi University Students Union (DUSU). In 1996 she became the President of DUSU.
Height (Approx): 5′ 5″
Hair Color: Black
Eye colour: black
parents and siblings
Rekha’s father’s name is Jai Bhagwan Jindal, who is a retired branch manager of State Bank of India. His mother’s name is Urmila Jindal, who is a housewife. He has four sisters and one brother. He has a sister named Mridula.
She is the eldest among all the siblings.
husband and children
Rekha married Manish Gupta, a businessman, on 28 June 1998.
They have a son Nikunj and a daughter Harshita Gupta, who is a businesswoman.
Rekha follows Hindu religion.
In 2003, he was elected as the Secretary of Bharatiya Janata Party Yuva Morcha, Delhi. In 2004, she became the national secretary of BJP Yuva Morcha. In 2007, she was elected councilor from North Pitampura (Ward 54) and also became the chairperson of the Women Welfare and Child Development Committee MCD. In 2009, she became the general secretary of Delhi Mahila Morcha. In 2010, she was elected as the National Executive Member of the BJP. In 2012, he contested the Delhi Municipal Corporation elections from Pitampura North constituency. He was nominated as the BJP mayoral candidate from Delhi following the 2022 Delhi Municipal Corporation elections and won the seat from Ward No. 56 Shalimar Bagh-B constituency. Talking about his nomination in an interview, he said,
I appeal to all the councilors to vote for the development and betterment of Delhi. I hope they will listen to their conscience and choose the right mayor for the city.”
Rekha started a handicraft business in Pitampura in 2000. The name of her venture is ‘Aakriti Handicraft and Events’. In an interview, she had said that she had started the business to provide jobs to young talented girls. Their business offers handicraft items, festival/seasonal decorations, corporate souvenirs and event/theme management.
In a video that surfaced on the internet during MCD proceedings on 22 February 2023, he was seen slapping an Aam Aadmi Party councilor.
- Bank Deposit: Rs. 38,06,416
- Motor Vehicle: Rs. 6,10,000
- Other assets: Rs. 7,50,000
- Residential Building: Rs. 2,60,00,000
His estimated net worth by 2022 is Rs. 1 crore 80 lakh.
- In college, when she was part of the student organization, she introduced the idea of Common Admission Form which benefited many students. He formed various committees to prevent sexual harassment and molestation of girls in colleges. He brought into limelight the lack of special university buses for students.
- As a councilor, he established a swimming pool, gym, library and community hall in CU Block Market, Pitampura. He solved the parking problem in Pitampura by presenting the idea of extensive underground parking facility. He worked towards creating a park in each block of the area and named them after characters from the Ramayana. He started a councilor administrative office in Haiderpur to listen to the problems of slum people. He also directed towards solving the problems including installation of street lights in Haiderpur area, regular distribution of pension to the poor, senior citizens and widows, maintenance of roads, a helpline number for sexual harassment against women and running garbage trucks in Pitampura area. Work done. ,
- When she became the chairperson of the Women Welfare and Child Development Committee MCD, she started the ‘Sumedha Scheme’, which provides cash to girls from poor families for their higher education. She also came up with a scheme to give pension to divorced women. She also gave personality development classes to the women who were elected as councilors, where Smt. Sushma Swaraj and Smt. Krishna Tirath delivered lectures. She often gave awards for academic excellence to children of MCD schools in Delhi. In Delhi he started free health check-up camps for children and women. She launched various campaigns to create awareness about female feticide and child labour.
- He is an active social worker and has started an NGO ‘An Active Association for Society’ (AAS Foundation). NGOs usually employ housewives to work in the organization. He started the Chalo Sudama Dwar programme, where people from rich families donated and the donations were given to the needy. She is the Women Trustee and Women Coordinator of Maharaja Agrasen International Kidney Hospital and provides affordable and free treatment to the needy people. Under the program started by PU-Ramlila Samiti Pitampura, he got many girls from poor families married. He also launched a movement against cow slaughter.