Rajeev Thakur is an Indian stand-up comedian, theater artist, actor, TV host and film director. In 2007, he participated in the Hindi reality TV comedy show ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’ along with other popular comedians like Kapil Sharma, Chandan Prabhakar and Sudesh Lahiri. The show was aired on Star One.
Rajiv Thakur was born on 7 August in Amritsar, Punjab, India. His zodiac sign is Leo. She did her schooling from Jagat Jyoti Model High School, Amritsar. After this he studied B.Com from DAV College, Amritsar.
During his college days, he started participating in various theater plays. After completing his graduation, he took admission in M.Com at Khalsa College, Amritsar. However, the HOD of the Commerce Department did not allow him to attend classes as he had not appeared in the entrance examination and was enrolled in the artist quota. Then he took admission in PGDCA in the same college. Even after completing his post-graduation, he used to participate in cultural festivals at Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar.
Height (Approx): 5′ 7″
Hair Color: Black
Eye colour: dark brown
Rajeev is from a Punjabi family.
parents and siblings
His father Sarwan Kumar Thakur had a shop. His mother Prem Lata Thakur used to work as a tailor. He has two sisters named Shalini Rana and Priyanka Thakur.
wife and children
On January 31, 2005, he had an arranged marriage with Aarti Thakur.
The couple has a daughter named Manya Thakur and twin sons named Abhiraj Thakur and Atiraj Thakur.
House No. 6, Street No. 1, Judge Nagar, Amritsar – 143001, Punjab (India)
He started his career as a theater artist and acted in various Hindi and Punjabi theater plays like Eh Ta Kamaal Ho Gaya, Baba Bantu, Death of a Hero, Mirch Masala, Saavi, and Rab Milaiyaan Jodiyan.
As a writer and director, he has worked on various Punjabi and Hindi theater plays such as Thug Da Nag, Hai Hai Cable TV, Aao Sach Vekho, Princess Diana and Bunty Aur Babli.
In 2010, he made his Hindi film debut with ‘Bhavnaon Ko Samjho’, in which he played the role of Shekhar’s friend.
He has appeared in some other Hindi films like ‘Dil Vil Pyaar Vyaar’ (2014), ‘Second Hand Husband’ (2015), and ‘Tutak Tutak Tutiya’ (2016).
In 2008, she made her Punjabi film debut in ‘Lakh Pardesi Hoiye’ in a cameo role.
She was featured in the 2010 Punjabi comedy film ‘Khich Ghuggi Khich’. Some of her other Punjabi films are ‘Dangar Doctor Jelly’ (2017), ‘Tara Meera’ (2019), ‘Kanjoos Majnu Kharchili Laila’ (2023). And ‘Zindagi Zindabad’ (2023).
In 2005, he directed the Hindi film ‘Way of Life’.
In 2006, he became the second runner-up in the Punjabi reality comedy TV show ‘Hasde Hasande Raavo’ aired on MH One.
He has participated as a stand-up comedian in various seasons of Sony TV’s comedy series ‘Comedy Circus’.
In 2009, he won the reality TV comedy show ‘Chhote Miyan Bade Miyan’ with his partner Saloni. The show was aired on Colors. He has also appeared in various series of Sony TV’s comedy show ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ since 2016.
She participated in the reality TV dance show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ in 2023. The show was aired on Sony TV.
In 2009, he made his TV acting debut with ‘Sajan Re Jhooth Mat Bolo’, in which he played the role of Raju. This series was aired on SAB TV.
He has also worked in some Punjabi comedy videos like ‘Ghar Jawaiyaan Da,’ ‘Kulli Chadiyaan Di,’ and Kamaal Ho Gaye. He has performed live in various stage shows and other events.
He has uploaded some stand-up comedy videos on his YouTube channel Rajiv Thakur Comedy, which he started in 2020.
- Food: Prantey, Dal-Roti, Chole-Kulcha
- Travel Destination: Manali, Goa
- Restaurant: Kesar Da Dhaba, Amritsar, Punjab
- When he was doing post-graduation, he won the Best Actor award five times. Later, he won the Best Actor Award at the national level. He has also worked as a stage anchor during youth festivals in the college.
- He is a follower of the Indian spiritual leader Chhatarpur Wale Baba or Gurudev.
- He follows a vegetarian diet.
- In his spare time, he enjoys traveling and spending time with his family and friends.
- In 2016, he co-owned Jaipur Raj Joshiley, a celebrity cricket team in the Box Cricket League with Indian TV actress Kamya Punjabi. He has also played many matches with the team.
- He is often seen drinking alcohol at parties and events.
- On several occasions he has shared that Indian actor Shahrukh Khan is his idol.
- He is a spiritual person and often visits various religious places.
- He was a classmate of popular Indian comedian Kapil Sharma.