Junior Balaiah (1953–2023) was a famous Indian actor in Tamil films, primarily recognized as the son of actor TS Balaiah. In his career spanning four decades, he mainly played supporting roles and also comic and villainous roles in Tamil films. He died of a heart attack at his home in Chennai on 2 November 2023.
Junior Balaiah was born as Raghu Balaiah in Sundankottai, Tamil Nadu on Sunday, 28 June 1953 (age 70 at the time of death). His zodiac sign is Cancer.
Hair Color: Salt and Pepper
Eye colour: black
family and caste
Balaiya belongs to Nadar community.
parents and siblings
Balaiah’s father’s name is TS Balaiah, who was a popular actor. In 1972, Balaiah’s father died just three days before the release of his first film. Balaiah played the role of Radha’s son in the film, “Suttan Suttan”, directed by MR Radha. Balaiah’s father was also a part of the film, but when he passed away, he had to stop making the film.
His mother’s name is Mallika. He has two brothers, Ganesh Balaya, who is a singer, and Saibaba, who is a playback singer. She has a sister named Manochitra, who is an actress.
wife and children
Balaiah was married to Sujana and later to Sethu Parvati. They have a son named Rohit and a daughter named Nivedita.
Balaiah started following evangelicalism in 2010 and then shifted to Christianity.
He made his acting debut in the 1975 Tamil film Melanattu Marumagal.
His famous films include “Karagattakaran” (1989), “Sundara Kaandam” (1992), “Cheran Chozhan Pandian” (1998), “Aindham Thalaimurai Siddha Vaidya Sigmani” (2014), and “Nerakonda Paarvai” (2019). , “Nerkonda Paarvai” is the Tamil version of the Bollywood film “Pink” (2016).
He made his television debut in 2000, appearing as James in the television show Chithi on Sun TV. Apart from films, Balayya also appeared in TV programs such as “Vazhakai” (2000–2001) as Prabhakar’s father and “Chinna Papa Periya Papa” (2014) season 1 as Masanam.
In 2020, she made her OTT debut with the web series Mugilan on ZEE 5.
On 2 November 2023, Balaiah died of a heart attack at his home in Chennai, and also experienced suffocation.
- Balaiah’s last film was Yenanga Sir Unga Sattam in 2021.
- Despite acting in many films, he could not achieve the same success as his father.
- He borrowed money from the bank, which increased his financial crisis. He then began practicing Christianity and founded a place for healing called Healing Stripes Ministry.
- In 2014, Balaiah revealed his intention to set up a film production company to provide his son with an opportunity to pursue an acting career.
- Balaiah participated in the activities of Nadigar Sangam (South Indian Artists Association).