Jinson Johnson was born on Friday, 15 March 1991 (age 32 years; as of 2023) in Chakchittapara, Kozhikode district, Kerala. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He is a resident of Kerala.
Height (Approx): 5′ 8″
Weight (Approx): 60 Kgs
Hair Color: Black
Eye colour: black
parents and siblings
There is not much information about his parents. He has a sister.
wife and children
Jinson Johnson married in September 2020. They have a son named Hardik.
Jinson Johnson became interested in running at a very young age. Initially he started with 200 meter race, later he specialized in 800 meter and 1500 meter race under the guidance of his coach Jasvinder Bhatia.
He has participated and won many national and international competitions. In 2015, Johnson earned a silver medal in the 800 meters race at the Asian Championships held in Wuhan, China. Later, in 2017, she won a bronze medal in the 800 meters running event at the Asian Championships held in Bhubaneswar, India. In 2018, Jinson Johnson represented India at the 18th Asian Games (2018) held in Jakarta, Indonesia, where she won a gold medal in the 800 m race event and a silver medal in the 1500 m race event, winning gold at the national level. . Made a record by completing the 800 meter race event with a time of 1 minute 45.65 seconds. In October 2023, Jinson Johnson competed at the 19th Asian Games held in Hangzhou, China, where he won the bronze medal in the men’s 1500 meters race event.
In 2018, he received the Arjuna Award from former President of India Ram Nath Kovind.
- In 2018, he won the gold medal in 800 meters at the Asian Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- In 2015, he received a silver medal at the Asian Championships held in Wuhan, China.
- He won a silver medal in the 1500 meters race at the Asian Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- He won the bronze medal at the Asian Championships (2017) held in Bhubaneswar, India.
- In 2023, he earned a bronze medal at the Asian Games held in Hangzhou, China.
He has a Royal Enfield Bullet.
- Jinson has a tattoo of ‘Olympic rings’ on his right hand.
- He practiced for the 1500m race at the 4oom track in Chandigarh for the Asian Games (2022), where he completed the race in his best time of 3 minutes 39.32 seconds.
- He has collaborated with a shoe brand called Asics.